Anime Fans United
Anime Fans United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Fans United

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yroc

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:35 am

Review a book you just read. Or any book you have read. Give us your opinion, recommendation, etc.
Back to top Go down
Vanna Rauko
Vanna Rauko

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:09 am

I highly recommend the Tales of the Otori Series. They have a pro log book , the main trilogy and then a epilogue book. Kept me busy through high school.
Back to top Go down
Kesani
Kesani

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 pm

The World of Warcraft - War of The Ancients Trilogy is very gewd.
:3

Not a single boring part!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=68
LJslilfox
LJslilfox

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Ender's Game, a sci-fi novel about aliens at war with earth, and earth is trying to find new cadets to fight the alien forces...I read it in 8th grade, and I vaguely remember little details but I remember the plot. It was an amazing book about a young boy (Ender) who becomes one these cadets and his story from the time hes taken to space and by the time hes a middle aged man. Amazing twist, just farking awesome. Read it.
Back to top Go down
Jason
User
User
Jason

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 am

Agreeing with Lee. Ender's Game was pretty good, though I read it when I was in like 6th grade and don't remember pretty much any of it.

Anyways, a book I read a while ago was a biography(?) describing the events of Son Tay in which it is described that soldiers were sent overseas to rescue P.O.W.s captured in a camp. Can't remember much else though, too far back for my incredibly random brain to think back...
Back to top Go down
Ovan Tiasco
Admin
Ovan Tiasco

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:20 am

"As I Lay Dying" - Langston Hughes...

Geez, I dunno where to start with this book.

Amazingly confusing, and sustaining the reader through a stream of consciousness/
Super amazing.

Tough read for most though.
Back to top Go down
https://animefansunited.forumotion.net
Lupinus
Lupinus

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 am

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.

Story about a street urchin who becomes a Wetboy (Assassin.) I've only read the first book (This one) and I'm hooked.
Back to top Go down
http://drachenlupe.deviantart.com
LJslilfox
LJslilfox

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:11 am

"So your penis is broke..." by Susan Steeplebrick about how men in today's society are lazy and fat, and how woman are the best dishwashers and kitchen cleaners.
Back to top Go down
calex

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am

I'll recommend the book entitled "Strangers" by Dean R. Koontz. Maybe some of you here have read this. It's an old sci-fi book. When you read the first page, you will not stop reading it. Really!

Book Reviews 400000000000000112695_s4
The Book

THEY WERE STRANGERS

A handful of people. From different backgrounds, living in different towns and cities across America, they had nothing in common—except fear.

THEY WERE VICTIMS

Cold and stark, an unknown terror gripped their dreams and turned their days into living nightmares.

THEY WERE CHOSEN

And they could not escape. Deep in the heart of a sprawling desert, a dark memory called out to them, drawing them to the Tranquility Motel—where the terrifying truth was waiting…
Back to top Go down
Ovan Tiasco
Admin
Ovan Tiasco

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:56 am

"Kafka on the Shore"

Great book by acclaimed writer "Haruki Murakami"
Plot consists of two characters. Kafka Tamura, a teenage runaway, and Nakata, A World War II victim of mysterious origin, who's destinies intertwine in a world where cats talk, fish fall from the sky, astral-projection, love and murder.

All these element develop a wondrous snare for readers who dive into magical realism, finding more about themselves in a book than one can imagine.
Back to top Go down
https://animefansunited.forumotion.net
Lupinus
Lupinus

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Odd Thomas   Book Reviews Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 1:40 am

Odd Thomas by Dead Koontz. The Man's first name is Odd, and he can see Ghosts. Nuff. Said.
Back to top Go down
http://drachenlupe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Book Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Reviews   Book Reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Reviews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Fans United :: Interests :: Books-
Jump to: